[RB] Validate neural networks without data with Dr. Charles Martin
In this episode, I am with Dr. Charles Martin from Calculation Consulting a machine learning and data science consulting company based in San Francisco. We speak about the nuts and bolts of deep neural networks and some impressive findings about the way they work.
The questions that Charles answers in the show are essentially two:
- Why is regularisation in deep learning seemingly quite different than regularisation in other areas on ML?
- How can we dominate DNN in a theoretically principled way?
- The WeightWatcher tool for predicting the accuracy of Deep Neural Networks https://github.com/CalculatedContent/WeightWatcher
- Slack channel https://weightwatcherai.slack.com/
- Dr. Charles Martin Blog http://calculatedcontent.com and channel https://www.youtube.com/c/calculationconsulting
- Implicit Self-Regularization in Deep Neural Networks: Evidence from Random Matrix Theory and Implications for Learning – Charles H. Martin, Michael W. Mahoney